Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Knitting update...

Wednesday August 27th, 2008


Why have I posted a photograph of some ball's of wool. Well its a sad story really, I started working on a lovely jumper (aka sweater, pullover) for my yet to be born niece about two weeks ago. The pattern was great very simple, no complicated design just one colour. I've been knitting it over the last couple of w/ends when I have a spare moment, knit, purling away. I had 90% done - was so close to being finished - had the back, front and 1 sleeve done.

When...last night I thought I would measure it all just to make sure it was the correct dimensions. After double checking it and getting J to check my measurements just incase I was wrong, it became apparent that I it was out by 1 inch under the arms and the sleeve was out, the front was out and the back was out. The more I measured the more pain I felt, realizing that the only way to fix it would be to undo it all. (The pattern is knitted sideways not across!)

Late last night I worked on another gauge swatch and this morning decided I'll have to go up again in my needle size from 5 to 7, but guess what I don't have the circular needle I need or the double pointed needles in the correct size. So this project is going to be put away till the w/end when I'll pop out and purchase some more needles. It's very annoying to have sooo many needles by none in the size I need!

So my plan was to post a great pic showing a nearly completed jumper, oh well. I'll have to go back to finishing Miss S cardi - alot of sewing in threads on that project. I think that will take a couple more nights, then I will need to block it, sew it together, sew on buttons then - yeah finished. Well one step at a time.

No comments: